11 September 2013

Where Were You?

Each generation has that moment they'll always remember where they were when they heard about a certain event.  For my grandparents, it was when JFK was assassinated, for my parents, it was when the Challenger exploded, and for me, it'll always be September 11th, 2001.  I was only in fourth grade, but I remember waking up as they were replaying the first tower being hit.

I remember thinking "will everybody be talking about this?" as I was on my way to school.  I feel stupid thinking back on that now.

I remember the aftermath.  I remember when President Bush ordered the troops into Afghanistan.  I remember coming home from my best friend's house to my stepdad telling us he was going to be deployed. I remember his homecoming.  I remember the phone call from my mom letting me know two years ago now that my big stepbrother Nik was being deployed.

I remember the extreme pride everybody had to be in this amazing country that we are so blessed to live in, and 12 years later, I wonder, where has that pride gone? Regardless of how you feel about our President and the way he leads us, let's look beyond that and get back to loving each other and this amazing country we live in.

Where were you on that September day?

3 comments:

  1. I was a junior in high school and I was actually in Spanish class and didn't hear about it though till I went to Chemistry class. We were all worried because of the military base not too far away.

    It's amazing what's happened since then and the unity that took place then and the division that takes place now. It's sad really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I was nannying at the time for a little boy who was not allowed to watch any TV whatsoever - so I went the entire day without knowing about the events of 9/11. My mom called me to tell me, but I didn't realize the extent of it until I was able to see it on TV.

      Delete

Drop me a comment, I'll make sure to check out your blog ♥

Other Posts You May Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Meghan Anna