31 January 2012
25 January 2012
He wasn't eating anything, so I put the cracker in his mouth and he still wouldn't eat it.
Fast forward to about 2:15, I had cleaned up the kitchen and had laundry all caught up and was all proud of myself. Sam by this time was laying on the floor outside of the bathroom/my parents room after Lynn had asked me to take him off of her bed because she didn't want him getting sick on her bed, so I said okay, lifted him down and he took a drink out of the toilet, came up and gave me a kiss(I had forgotten he had drank drunk? out of the toilet) and then went to lay down, I checked on him one last time before I hopped in the shower to get ready for work.
I get out of the shower, get dressed, Lynn gets home, says have you checked on Sam lately, I said right after I got out of the shower, and before I blow dried my hair he was laying on the ground and fine. She's asked me to check on him again, I did, and he didn't have a heartbeat. I called down the hallway for her that he didn't have a heartbeat, she didn't believe me, I said no come here now! She confirmed it and we talked to him for a little bit, I had started to cry and she said MEGHAN IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT! I didn't really believe her, and I don't know if she believed herself then.
After that we had to pick Mady up and tell her, I had to go to work. Work was horrible. My eyes were bloodshot and I broke down when my supervisors asked me what was wrong. My parents made the decision to take him down to the U of M vet school to see if they could give us some answers as to why he had died, because he was a very healthy very active dog, only 7 years old.
We got the results a few weeks later, he had been poisoned. He had a large amount of rodenticide in his system.
So today, I am remembering the dog who thought he was a human!