17 November 2012

Crazy Dog Lady.

I admit it. I love dogs.  I'm most happy when I have at least one dog in my life. 
I have always had a dog at either my mom's or my dad's, and most of the time, as it is right now, I have had a dog at both places.  

My first dog that I remember having is Lady.  She was a black lab, and she started out as my grandparents' dog, but when she was 3 or 4, she became our dog.  She was so gentle and sweet.  She died when I was in fourth grade.  She lived with me at my mom's house after my parents divorce. 

My stepmom had two dogs when her and my dad started seeing each other, Duke who was a dalmatian & Spike who was a Pomeranian.  She got Jack, a girl chocolate lab(we didn't name her), for my Dad as a birthday present one of the first years they were married.  
We had Jack from my third grade year up until she died between my freshman and sophomore years of college.  

Colonel was our beagle that we got at my Mom's house in December 2004.  We got him right before my stepdad deployed overseas.  He ran away & got hit by a car in September of 2006.  

Sam was a rescue weimaraner who we got from a family friend at my dad's when I was in either ninth or tenth grade.  
Sam passed away after being poisoned January of my freshman year of college. 

Leader was the beagle we got at my mom's house my ninth grade year after Colonel passed away.  He is still my baby and loves sleeping with me whenever I go back to my mom's. 

When Sam passed away, we at first weren't going to get another dog for awhile, but our house was WAY too quiet, so we got Cooper who is also a weim, and he's been ours since February 2011.  

& lastly, we got Chloe, a golden retriever from my Uncle who owns Chloe's mom.  She is almost 5 months old & a total princess!

I love my dogs as if they were my children and they are spoiled rotten, and I would not have it any other way. 

Over the years, we've also had a pair of birds at my mom's house, numerous rabbits at my dad's, along with baby ducklings that we raised until they were old enough to be on their own. 
Eenie,Meenie, Minie, Moe, Pinkie & Tom.  








2 comments:

  1. Aww! I'm sorry. But also happy you made a post about your dogs ...and ducklings. My dog is the center of my world. :)

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a comment, I'll make sure to check out your blog ♥

Other Posts You May Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Meghan Anna