23 February 2015

Grateful Heart 10

Where have I been? Well it's been a rough few weeks for my family & I.  Two weeks ago tonight, we unexpectedly lost one of my "cabin cousins" as I like to call us.  Cabin cousins are those cousins that are really second or third cousins like my lynn-mom's cousins kids and the like.  We all grew up like cousins because we were always running around the cabins and the farm together & we all loved every minute of it.

Anyways, my Lynn-Mom told me about this the next morning and it took all of my inner strength not to start crying right in the middle of Wal-Mart, Colton was only 17.  He had committed to going to BSU for Elementary Ed & was a great guy all around.  Last Monday was his funeral & while sad, it was so amazing and it left me awestruck to see how many lives he had touched in 17 short years.  

So for my post on Grateful Heart Monday this week, I'm thankful for a extended family that's maybe not so extended after all.  We all rally together when  one or a group of us is hurting, we share in the triumphs, share the tears and help dry them when tragedy strikes.  I honestly couldn't imagine my life without my cabin family.  

I'm so grateful for Pine Roost & all the memories I made there, thankful for parents who knew how important it was for us to grow up having those weekends away from the hustle & bustle. Thankful to my great-grandparents and their brothers & sisters for coming up with the idea & thankful that Pine Roost has always been a place where everyone knows your name & they're glad you came! 
Ember Grey: Grateful Heart

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry about your cousin, but I am glad you have family that can support one another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meghan, I am so sorry for your loss. Keep sharing stories and memories with your family. I'm so glad you guys have each other.

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a comment, I'll make sure to check out your blog ♥

Other Posts You May Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Meghan Anna