04 June 2013

Heart=Broken.

Like I wrote in yesterday's post, I woke up Sunday morning to find out that three members of the storm chasing community had lost their lives in the El Reno tornado on Friday.  My best friend had texted me letting me know & all day Sunday, my twitter feed, my facebook page & news sites were filled with the news.  I broke down and cried a little.  For never meeting these three men, they were a part of my circle of friends, and I mourn that they have died. 

I take comfort in the fact that it was more than likely fast and that I know for a fact they died doing what they loved.  What brings me heartache is the fact that Kathy Samaras is now without her husband and son and her daughters are without a father and brother.  I think the hardest part though for me is that his grandchildren are without a grandpa.  If you've read my blog for any length of time, you'll understand why, my grandpa is my hero.  

They were killed when the tornado made an abrupt and unexpected turn to the north, coming right at the team.  

We will miss you all, and the community will never forget you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a comment, I'll make sure to check out your blog ♥

Other Posts You May Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Meghan Anna