27 May 2014

Honey I'm Home.

Last week I wrote about the memories associated with the song Sweet Caroline, and today, Honey I'm Home by Shania Twain came up in my music and I was brought back in time once again.

All the way back to the 1998 to 1999 school year.  I was a first grader at the local elementary school and my mom worked nights, so my Dad was the one who did the morning routine with me, and dropped me off because he worked right next to my school as the liason officer at the high school.  This was back when my parents were still married.



Honey I'm Home was a new song at the time & was constantly played on the radio, because Shania Twain was HUGE back then.  So my dad and I would do our morning routine and this song would pop up and we would have mini dance parties as we got ready.

I remember hearing it on the radio one time and she sang the line, "I must confess, this could be worse than PMS." I asked my mom or my dad, I can't remember which one what PMS was and they stumbled through the explanation it was some sort of thing that women had.

Keeping it awkward has been my thing for quite a while apparently :)

1 comment:

  1. LOL I about died when you said you were in 1st grade...I was in middle school. I'm old.

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a comment, I'll make sure to check out your blog ♥

Other Posts You May Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Meghan Anna