So I saw these on Sam's blog from last week and I loved the idea, so here they are!
1. What are your nicknames? What do you prefer to be called? Megs, Meg, Miss Meghan, Sassy, Lovebug, Little Bit, Squeezebox. If we aren't close, Meghan is just fine. I have a couple of coworkers that seem to think it's okay to call me Meg or Megs and those are reserved for good friends/family.
2. What books on your shelf are begging to be read? I’m in the middle of the Hidden Cove Firefighters series, I am wanting to read Colleen Hoover's Ugly Love here soon as well.
3. How often do you doodle? What do your doodles look like? I doodle absentmindedly. Usually hearts or random words.
4. What do you do if you can’t sleep at night? Do you count sheep? Toss and Turn? Try to get up and do something productive? I read somewhere that if you stay completely still for 15 minutes you will fall asleep. So if I'm having a hard time falling asleep I'll do that. Otherwise I check my phone,
5. How many days could you last in solitary confinement? How would you do it? Not very long. I need music or some sort of sound.
6. Do you save old greeting cards and letters? Throw them away? I save them. I have them saved since I was a baby. I also have a few wedding ones from when my mom and dad got married back in 1990.
7. Who is the biggest pack rat you know? Probably myself. I have a hard time throwing anything away that I've written or brainstormed on.
8. When making an entrance in to a party, do you make your presence known? Do you slip in and look for someone you know? Do you sneak in quietly and find a safe spot to roost? I try and find someone I know.
9. What is your strongest sense? If you had to give one up, which would it be? Hmm. I'd probably give up my sense of smell. Just because, I've lost my sense of smell before so I know it's doable.
10. How many times a day do you look at yourself in the mirror? Mm. I don't know?
11. What is the strangest thing you believed as a child? That someone's half birthday was based upon when their sibling's birthday was. I'm guessing because my brother's birthday is the day after my half birthday. I'm 4/2 and he's 10/3. Different years obviously.
12. What is one guilty pleasure you enjoy too much to give up? Coffee. Tweeting with GIFs.
13. Who performs the most random acts of kindness out of everyone you know? Hmm. Probably my work momma.
14. How often do you read the newspaper? Which paper? Which sections? I'll usually read the Sunday paper if it's in the breakroom at work. I usually will read the sports and local sections.
15. Which animals scare you most? Why? Spiders
16. Are you more likely to avoid conflict or engage it head-on? Depends on who the conflict is with.
17. What was the most recent compliment you’ve received and savoured? When someone tells me they are proud of me or that they love my smile.
18. What is something about yourself that you hope will change, but probably never will? That I cry when I am frustrated.
19. Are you a creature of habit? Explain.Hmm. Yes and no. I live in organized chaos. And I kind of like it.
20. Are you high maintenance? Explain. Nope.
21. When was the last time you really pushed yourself to your physical limits? The other night at work with my horrible migraine.
22. Do you have a whole lot of acquaintances or just a few very close friends? Why? Both. I consider most of my coworkers acquaintances but I have a very close inner circle.
23. Are you more inclined to “build your own empire” or unleash the potential of others? I think I lean towards unleashing the potential of other.
24. What’s a strange occurrence you’ve experienced but have never (or rarely) shared with anyone? My grandpa who passed away when I was 14, 10 years ago, makes his presence known every once in a while. I get a huge whiff of the scent of pipe tobacco. I like to believe it's his way of letting me know he's there for me.
25. What do you think about more than anything else? What homework do I have to do today and what can I put off til tomorrow. Am I a good person?
26. What’s something that amazes you? How blessed I am to be surrounded by such an awesome group of people that I consider my family and close friends. We're not perfect but they love big and that's all that matters at the end of the day.
27. Do you prefer that people shoot straight with you or temper their words? Why? Give it to me straight.
28. Where’s your favourite place to take an out-of-town guest? Well we have MOA, but if it's the summer, I'm gonna take you to my cabin or we are going to float down the river!
29. What’s one thing you’d rather pay someone to do than do yourself? Why?
30. Do you have a catchphrase? I don’t think so?
31. What’s your reaction towards people who are outspoken about their beliefs? What conditions cause you to dislike or, conversely, enjoy talking with them? I think it's great. I wish I was more outspoken about mine.
32. How and where do you prefer to study? Panera with my headphones in.
33. What position do you sleep in? On my side cuddled up with Loco(my unicorn that my work momma got me for Valentine's Day).
34. What’s your all-time favourite town or city? Why? I want to go to Nashville!
35. What are the top three qualities that draw you to someone new? Sense of Humor, Welcoming mixed with a little crazy.
36. How has your birth order/characteristics of siblings affected you? I’m the oldest but part of a "blended" family, so it gets messy. I'm more outgoing and bossy when I'm not around my family, but I'm probably the quietest of my siblings.
37. If you could eliminate one weakness or limitation in your life, what would it be? The way I worry at times.
38. If you could restore one broken relationship, which would it be? My elementary best friend.
39. If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to? Junior high Meghan would say Lizzeth, adult Meghan says I like my name.
40. Do you believe ignorance is bliss? Why or why not? As much as I may say it in the heat of the moment, no, I like knowing what's going on.
41. What do you consider unforgivable? I don't know if anything is truly unforgivable. Intentionally hurting my people over and over is a sure way to find yourself at the top of my shit list though.
42. Have you forgiven yourself for past personal failures? Why or why not? Yes… live and learn.
43. How difficult is it for you to forgive someone who refuses to apologize? Nearly impossible.
44.Do you hold any convictions that you would be willing to die for? I'd die for my faith. At least I say I would, but until I'm in that position I can't say for sure.
45. To what extent do you trust people? Explain. I trust everyone to an extent I think. I trust that not everyone deserves my implicit trust. I trust my work mom, Jayme and my Lynn-Mom the most I think. Those are the three people who have proven time and again they will be there for me.
46. In what area of your life are you immature? My sense of humor rivals that of a 12 year old boy most days.
47. What was the best news you ever received? That my Grandpa's cancer was gone for a second time.
48. How difficult is it for you to be honest, even when your words may be hurtful or unpopular? I try my hardest to be 100% honest.
49. When did you immediately click with someone you just met? Why? What was the long term result? Conversely, are you close with anyone now that you really disliked at first? My work momma is one of those people that I just clicked with right away. & she's still one of the people that I am closest. She's "my person" so to speak. I'm lucky enough to have 2 "persons"
50. When do you find yourself singing? Pretty much whenever a song comes on that I like.